Sunday, February 1, 2009

Music Review Formats

I wanted to sort of just lay out the format that I will be reviewing music in. I plan to take each CD song by song and just talk about my basic thoughts on each one. I am trying to decide what the best rating system is. I think that what I might do is rate each song on a scale of 1-10, and then average those scores. The final, averaged score might not be a strict averaged score, but might also take into account how the CD feels overall, as I have sometimes heard CD's on which the songs, taken alone, were nothing special, but when put together, make for great listening. I will make a note if I have altered the final average for any reason.

I wanted to build a base of music reviews on here, so the easiest way to do that is to start with CD's that I've had for awhile, both CD's I liked and CD's I didn't. As I get new CD's, I will review those also. I do have a few new CD's that I want to review soon, but I want to spin them a few more times first.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment